Wednesday 11 January 2012

Jack of all Trades

So apparently this Blog idea can be a very useful tool. I feel very old school. I am very familiar with computers but that doesn't seem like enough these days. I am not a cell phone user however I bought one for my husband and I feel like an Alien from another planet when I try and use it. I think I have text-ing down but I am very long winded. I guess I have to catch up eventually otherwise I won't know what my kids are talking about. I do however like being a pioneer and I feel very in touch with Mother Earth when I create things from scratch with my own hands.

Changing hats here. I mentioned that I teach Cake Decorating. I have ventured off on my own as an independent and I am running courses at the Bulk Barn off Whyte Ave in Edmonton. Since I don't market myself too much, most people don't know so I'm sending a shout out to myself to see if I can round up a few more students. I really want to run a Fondant and Gumpaste Course so I can teach the "New" Wilton Gumpaste Flowers course. And if you have any interest in Wedding Cakes or getting into the cake business or just for fun you won't want to miss this course. Here is a link to my facebook page for all that are interested.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Erins-Go-To-Cakes/230078530359708

Once again putting another hat on. I have mixed my lye water and will begin my soap making process this weekend. December was nuts and I really needed January off but I'm not used to moving so slow. My house looks great and the kids are happy but with the amount of coffee I've been drinking I need more. I almost got a job and I really don't want to go back to work.
I like to get it all done in one night so I have 6 batches to make, mostly ones I am out of stock of or request. I am still writing my Soap Making Manual so I can teach one day.....hopefully soon but I have had a brilliant idea to do a demo of CP soap at the Market. I figured that would be very adventurous and round up some students, even though there is already a waiting list for soap making. My girlfriend Randi at Creations from Eden has some great ideas with her new classroom and I know a great bunch of gals who will be teaching everything in regards to homemade body care products. Very Exciting.

Well I got a little inspiration today and it feels good to be motivated.

I appreciate this quote and thought I would share.
" Everybody is a Genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's whole life believing that it is stupid." -Albert Einstein

I love quotes...you'll be seeing more of those because I saved hundreds of them from my pininterest obsession.

Cheers
Mrs. Greenwood

2 comments: