Wednesday 25 January 2012

Born This Way

While I was working out at the gym the other day I was watching the movie "Fame". I love musical movies they put a smile on my face. And was very surprised that you can now do this while you are working out. Weird! The fact that I actually got myself to the gym is beyond me.

Anyways.....It made me think about when I was applying for Universities and trying to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up. Well 10 years ago I could look you straight in the eyes and tell you I was going to be a famous actress. It was my childhood dream. It almost happened to. After a long, nerve racking audition in Toronto I was accepted into the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York. Danny Devito and Robert Redford went there, don't ya know! As you can see that dream didn't come true but really when I looked into how much my tuition and living expenses were going to be I had to be a little realistic (over $100,000 for two years). It didn't stop me from continuing with my studies at an Ontario University. And now ever once in a while, my crazy actress side comes out and it's really been great with giving me confidence to do so many things.

When I look back at my life I have no regrets. If I really wanted to, I could have made it happen. I am proud of all my accomplishments. If I had gone that route I wouldn't have met my wonderful husband and started a family. I probably wouldn't have had time to make soap, or teach cake decorating.

And here I am today. Married with kids. I make soap. I teach cake decorating. I like to sew every once in a while. I love baking and cooking. Crafts are so much fun with the kids.  I'm going to the gym (Yeah!). I have a bunch of funky spiritual certificates under my belt including Reflexology and Reiki.

And I'm loving every second of it!!

Mrs. Greenwood

No comments:

Post a Comment