Monday 16 January 2012

Combining my Cake Decorating with my Soap Making

It's been on my mind for awhile now and I don't know why it has taken me this long. I have been teaching Cake Decorating for about 3 years now and I've been soap making for even longer. I guess when I first started my soap making it was all pretty basic. Anyways....I could keep going. This past weekend after making a few standard logs of soap I used a little extra to make soap cupcakes and try to pipe a rose. I was surprised at how easy it was. Soap is much harder than butter cream icing and you only have so much time to work with it, but if you know what your doing it's pretty straight forward. I made more cupcakes last night now that I'm getting the hang of it and they look gorgeous. I plan on making many more and need to order Fragrances to make ones that actually smell like the dessert. Soap Cakes are next on the list. I have little brown and white cakes that I will decorate throughout the week.

Check this out!

Mrs. Greenwood

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe they aren't food!!

    Very cool

    ReplyDelete